michael phelps did it

michael phelps did it

fish's olympic dream - achieved.

fish's olympic dream - achieved.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

day 17

Just finished watching the closing ceremony. I bet the balloons watched it too. Right?
Before the pictures come in, live with this cute goggle pic for a while. I'm sure all of you witness the animals here diving, playing badminton, playing soccer etc over the last few days. 一切都已经结束了~Olympic euphoria has not yet ended, though. Alot of people around the world are feeling a deep sense of loss. So many months of anticipation...sigh. I'll not talk about feeeeeelllliiings again, now. 
***
On songs:
王力宏,孙燕姿,陈慧琳,,刘德华,莫文蔚,容祖儿 & rain
those are the only stars I recognized. I can't believe Rain is there. Lucky Korean guy. Its good to be famous there. 

I am against singing of pop songs, but I guess its necessary to make the atmosphere. I'm so glad when Chinese sopranos were up in the second singing number, but on a closer look, not all of them were wearing cheongsams. Big fashion no-no. When 宋-something went up with that ang-moh dude to belt out an ang-moh opera style singing: haiz. Why cannot do something more chinese-sy leh? The last disastrous number -- the pink rocking lady and the r&b dude -- do you understand a word they're singing? 

Kudos to 成龙 & 周华健 though. I think every singing should wear that instead of their frumpy dresses and suits if they're not wearing traditional costumes. 

Leona Lewis is actually big enough to be 1 of 3 rep for London! Wow. Way to go, Bleeding Love-girl. Look where your song brought you. I think its a great way to utilize the very small space to stage London's part of the show, bringing in the double decker and having a very mtv-theme to it. 

Oh ya, did you realise the number of athletes are shrinking? Thousands of them walked in during the front part of the show. When the celebration started, they're still there, just that they're really sparse. When the singing part commences, only the athletes closer to the borders of their respective areas remained. Toilet break? Were they hanging around like that in Athens also? Olympic is their stage; they are the performers (I totally agree with Bolt). So I guess they have to, er, hang around the 'stage' down there @ the Bird's Nest. 

No comments: